Tivoli Audio Model Two AM/FM Radio, built in A/C power supply, real cherry wood cabinets
The Model Two AM/FM radio from Tivoli offers the same warm, full sound as their famous Model One — with the added advantage of stereo. Included in the package is the radio and speaker unit with its companion speaker. Cabinets are made out of real cherry wood. This item is an open box item but as you can see. It is in excellent condition.
The radio's state-of-the-art tuner and amplifier deliver a clear sound, thanks in part to the 5:1 ratio analog tuning dial that allows precision manual tuning. A minijack auxiliary input lets you play music from your MP3 player or other portable device through the Model Two for even more entertainment options.
- 2-piece stereo AM/FM table radio
- built-in AM and FM antennas
- external FM dipole antenna
- 5:1 ratio analog tuning knob
- amber LED glows when station is tuned on center
- one 3" driver per cabinet
- bass reflex enclosures
- minijack audio input for connecting external source
- minijack mixing input
- minijack audio output
- minijack headphone output
- minijack subwoofer output
- mini headphone output
- rear-panel balance control
- built-in AC power supply
- real cherry wood cabinets
- 8-7/16"W x 4-3/8"H x 7-3/16"D (5-5/8"D for speaker unit)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # M2TPE
What's in the box:
- Model Two AM/FM tabletop radio
- Model Two companion speaker
- 10' AC power cord
Overview: This is a small, two-piece tabletop stereo FM/AM radio. It's easy to use and within its design limits provides very good sound. The rotary analog tuning knob offers the ability to fine tune radio stations. The Model Two was designed and engineered by Henry Kloss, who is a legendary inventor and audio designer, as well as the co-founder of Acoustic Research, KLH, and Cambridge Soundworks.
Stereo Speakers: The Model Two is a two-piece system, with the electronics and the left speaker in one cabinet, and the right speaker in another cabinet. Each speaker is a heavy magnet, 3-inch, long-throw driver, and each cabinet has a port opening on the back.
Wood Cabinets: The cabinets are made with real cherry wood, dark brown speaker grilles and dark gray face plates.
FM Tuner: Uses a discrete-component FM tuner with GaAs MES-FET mixers for better reception with increased clarity on closely-spaced local and far-away stations. Originally developed for applications such as cell phones, this technology has never been applied to FM radios before the Model One mono table radio. To take full advantage of the FM tuner's high sensitivity and selectivity, the Model Two uses a precise analog tuning system with a geared-down tuning dial for accurate, easy selection of the maximum number of stations.
Tuning Indicator: Glows bright amber when the best tuning has been achieved. Some listen able AM stations will not light the tuning indicator and should be tuned by ear for the clearest signal.
Mix In: Connect your computer or another source's audio output to this stereo input to hear audio mixed-in with either the tuner or Aux device if one is connected. The volume level of this input must be adjusted at the source. The jack accepts a 1/8" male stereo mini plug.
12 volt DC Operation: There is a 12 volt jack on the back (12-16VDC, tip positive), allowing you to use a separate DC power supply (not included) for portable use of the unit in cars, campers, etc. Note that it requires 0.8AMP minimum for proper operation.
Controls & Connections
Front of Left Speaker/Tuner Cabinet:
- Volume control: a rotary volume knob
- Power light: a green LED illuminates when power is on
- Tuning indicator: an amber LED which appears brightest when best tuning is achieved
- On/Source knob: can be set to Off (turns the unit off), FM, AM, or Aux
- Tuning Dial: a large, geared-down tuning dial which changes the selected frequency when it is turned
Rear of Left Speaker/Tuner Cabinet:
- Antenna Switch: a two-position slide switch. This unit includes internal AM and FM antennas. If you use an accessory antenna, this switch should be set to "EXTERNAL" for improved FM reception. If you use the included dipole antenna, you would set this switch to "EXTERNAL."
- External Antenna input: a threaded "F" type connector (75 ohm) for use with the supplied wire antenna or other external FM antenna
- AC jack: 120V-60Hz, used to connect the supplied AC cord
- AUX IN: a 1/8" female stereo mini-jack that allows you to connect an optional external source such as a CD player
- MIX IN: a 1/8" female stereo mini-jack that lets you connect a second audio source, which will be heard along with the radio or Aux device (if selected)
- REC OUT: You may record from the Model Two by connecting a recording device to this fixed-level, 1/8" female stereo mini-jack. You may also use the Model Two as an AM/FM tuner by connecting a receiver or integrated amplifier's line input to this output. The Model Two's speakers will not be muted when using this output.
- Headphone output: a 1/8" female stereo mini-jack output. When a headphone is connected, the unit's speaker will automatically turn off, and the volume will be controlled by the radio's volume knob.
- SUB OUT: a 1/8" female stereo mini-jack output. You can connect a powered subwoofer to this output for enhanced bass.
- Balance: distributes the signal between the two speakers. There is a detent at true center to provide equal balance.
- R-SPR: a female RCA connection for the RCA cable from the companion right speaker. The manufacturer specifically recommends against using any other type of speaker at the risk of voiding the warranty and possibly damaging the radio or speaker.
- 12-16 VDC input: allows you to operate this unit from an optional DC power supply (not included)
Rear of Right Speaker Cabinet:
- Connecting Cable: a hardwired cable terminated with a male RCA plug; the cable can not be disconnected
- Model Two Radio: W=8.4", H=4.355", D=7.14" (including knobs and AC cord)
- Companion Speaker: W=8.4", H=4.355", D=5.625"